the largest range of aerials
and replacement aerial masts
in New Zealand
extensive range of universal aerials include all the popular styles.
Roof mount, gutter grip, pillar mount and the various types of cowl
Mount (spring base, retractable and rubber) aerials.
We also carry a vast range of manual OEM aerials to
suit most New Zealand new and Japanese import vehicles. If your
looking for electric aerials (automatic or semi-automatic), we have
a comprehensive range of both universal and OEM to suit your needs.In most cases with electric aerials there will come
a time when the mast needs replacing and again we stock a broad
range of universal and OEM styles.
Replacing an Automatic Antenna mast
- With the radio turned off remove the top retaining nut from
- Turn the radio/ignition on so that the mast goes up.
- Remove the mast, sleeve and rope assembly from the antenna.
- With the radio still on insert the new mast assembly into the
top of the antenna with the teeth of the rope facing the motor
- Turn the radio/ignition off.
- The mast should now feed into the antenna, replace the top nut,
sleeve and secure into place.
- Now test that the mast freely travels to both upper and lower
reaches of its correct travel distance.
NB : Please keep the old retaining sleeve upon removal
of the mast as not all new masts are supplied with new retaining
Replacing a Manual Antenna
- Before removing the old aerial, make sure that the coaxial
lead is cut and left running down the inside of the vehicles pillar.
- Tape the end of the new aerials lead to the old one. Make sure
this is very secure.
- From inside the vehicle, carefully pull the new lead through,
using the old lead as a guide.
- Plug the new lead into the back of the radio and screw the
new aerial into place.
Click here for more installation instructions